Our 4th annual “Bounty from the County” dinner will be Sunday, October 21 at 7pm! Seating is limited and we require payment upon reservation ($75 per person; tax and gratuity not included). We can take reservations in person or over the phone at (902) 697-3906.
Mussel nights continue Thursdays until Bounty from the County, and then BURGER NIGHTS resume on November 1!
There’s a lovely article on us in the middle of this month’s Curated magazine. Pick up a free copy at the shop!
We are so pleased with this glowing review in The Coast!
A glowing review from the Brewtrippers! So glad they included us in their Port Williams trip.
Our Tom Waits tribute has been rescheduled for Saturday, May 13 starting at 7:30 p.m. Come for dinner beforehand if you like, or just come for the show! Cover charge for the music is $10.
There are still a few seats left for our Blues, Burgers & Beer night with Morgan Davis this Saturday, March 25! Our regular menu and wine list will also be available. Dinner’s at 6ish and the concert starts at 8. Call the shop (697-3906) if you’d like to book a spot.
Peter Nowlan of New Edge Sharpening in Halifax will be setting up shop in our Port Williams space on Saturday, April 1 from 10-4. He sharpens knives (and only knives) of all kinds, and can also do handle repairs.
Burger nights on Thursdays have been wildly popular; we are selling out (which is great!) and turning people away (which is not so great). We usually only take reservations for concerts and special events, but we are now taking reservations for burger night as well because we hate to disappoint people.
Our second annual Bounty from the County dinner is Saturday, October 15! This is one of two nights a year (the other is Valentine’s Day) when we take a break from pasta and from Boss Ross and let Nicole have her way with the menu. Here’s what she has planned:
trio of appetizers:
- rosemary polenta with seared Valley mushrooms and Urban Blue cream
- Martock Glen bison tartare on Ruby Red Wayfarers ale crostini with Newell’s Jewels microgreens in a Dijon & green onion vinaigrette
- spicy smoked haddock and Peasant’s Pantry sausage chowder with Longspell blue potatoes and Digby scallop
- chicken ballotine: Longspell Point Farm chicken stuffed with fresh herbs and Sourdough Bakery breadcrumbs, served with a roasted chicken demi-glace and a TapRoot vegetable ratatouille
- hand-rolled cannoli filled with sweet Holmestead ricotta and cinnamon- and vanilla-scented local red fruit cured in Barrelling Tide cherry liqueur
We are offering one seating only so guests can take their time and enjoy the evening. There will be live music by Kim Barlow and Alex Hastie. Colleen will be coming up with an optional wine pairing menu (details anon); we will also have our regular wine list and you can always bring your own for a small corkage fee.
Saturday, October 15, 2016
$75 per person (plus HST) for five-course meal and amuse-bouche and palate cleanser and live music!
Call the shop at (902) 697-3906 to book.